You guys! We lucked out with this girl. Meet, Liesel. Our newest digital marketing coordinator intern. Her title just skims the surface of what she’ll be doing here at TSH this spring and summer semester. She has a killer sense of style, a talent for writing and communications, mixed with a passion and excellent eye for design, modern aesthetic and digital marketing. She’s awesome and we’re looking forward to working with her.
Name: Liesel Lorraine Julsrud
College: Saint Louis University (Graduated in December ’18)
Major: Communication- Journalism & Media Studies
Birthday: 10 September 1997
1. What projects are you working on at The Sampson House?
I will be working a lot with our clients on content management for their social media, branding, and assisting with photo shoot production. Additionally, I’ll be working on copy writing for the TSH blogs!
2. What do you spend your time doing when you’re not working on TSH?
I love to write posts for my personal blog while sitting in a coffee shop. If I can’t make it out of the house, I love to catch up on my favorite TV shows.
3. Where is home for you and what conjures up the feeling of home?
I just moved back to Sioux Falls from St. Louis, so this is home for the time being. To make me feel more at home, fuzzy blankets, good music, and amazing candles are a must.
4. What are you reading right now?
The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. It gives me major Hitchcock Rear Window vibes, I love it.
5. What is your ideal weekend?
Start the day with a good hot yoga class, explore the city a bit (go to a museum, shop, or try a new café), do a little self- care evening, and have a fun night out with friends.
6. What app could you not live without?
Twitter for the laughs & Instagram for the content.
7. What’s your go-to coffee beverage?
Iced Chai with Soy or Almond (flavored) Skim Latte
8. When did you develop an interest in marketing?
I think I became interested in marketing once I started developing an appreciation for products I genuinely liked. I saw how much of an effort was placed into perfecting the product from beginning to end for others to enjoy. That passion was exactly what I liked about marketing.
9. What drew you to The Sampson House?
I found TSH online and instantly fell in love with the aesthetic they had. Then I started looking into the client portfolios and I noticed a strong commitment to create beautiful content that was perfectly tailored to the clients’ needs and knew I wanted to be a part of it.
10. Favorite way to blow off steam?
Curl up on the couch with my dog, eat some dark chocolate, and watch an episode of a lighthearted/funny show. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia & Friends are my go-to’s.
11. If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be and what would you order?
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Pad Thai
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
“It’s ok to not know exactly what you want to do in life. I’m 75 and I still don’t know what I want to do” – my dad
13. What’s your favorite thing about your internship?
The chance to be innovative and creative as well as TSH team’s dynamic.
14. What’s your ultimate bucket-list travel destination?
Japan. I’ll be going there during cherry blossom season this year!
15. Ultimate favorite college moment?
Mardi Gras. STL has the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the US, so everyone goes all out. You basically get to be with your friends from 7 am until the middle of the night decked out in Mardi colors, feather boas, and all the beads you can find.
16. Favorite restaurant?
A hole in the wall place in STL called Thai 202; it maybe seats 8 people and has the most divine pad Thai (I ate there 3 times during my last week at school; no shame). I could also live off of Sanaa’s pita, hummus and tabbouleh.
17. 3 interesting things about you:
- I was actually born in Miami and lived a good amount of my life there (yes, FL to SD was a rough transition).
-I am fluent in Spanish. My mother is from Mexico and I lived there for a year.
-I play 5 instruments!
18. What are you currently listening to?
A good mix of songs that I call bops by artists including Louis the Child, Odesza, Snakehips, etc.
Current Favorites: “How To Love (feat. Sofia Reyes)” by Boombox Cartel & Cash Cash or “Window Seat” by Thomston & Wafia
19. Ultimate dream career?
My dream career is to work as an attorney for a big fashion company/retailer in NYC.